Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kitten has an eye color I have never seen in a cat before.?

I have an Orange and White Kitten that I got from a local farmer at 6-7 wks of age ( I know that it was a bit early but they had totally separated the kittens from mom already and he was the last one)





Anyways, the mother was a white with bright blue eyes, and father was a big ??? they said a tuxedo that belonged to the neighbor.





I originally thought my kitten was going to have blue eyes because his eyes were a bright blue instead of the dark cloudy blue common to kittens. Well his eyes have changed he is now 4.5-5mos old. His eyes are a slate grey with brown flecking. They are stunning on his orange and white face, but I have never seen this eye color in a cat before.





Has anyone else experienced a cat with grey eyes?Kitten has an eye color I have never seen in a cat before.?
i love cats, (but sadly i dont have one)


But i have a couple cat books, and in it i saw a couple cats with grey-ish eyes.


They are rare, but immensly beautiful.


You are so lucky! they are adorable!!!!


And i also know that in some breeds (mostly mixes) it is very common for eye colour changing when they get older.





Maybe the father had similar eyes...?





i found this pic on google, do his eyes look like this?


http://pixdaus.com/pics/1242179592pj1d6H鈥?/a>





either way, IT IS SO CUTE!!!!!





you are so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!


it's normal, im assuming.





GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PRETTY KITTY! :)Kitten has an eye color I have never seen in a cat before.?
My kitten's eyes are copper-grey. I too thought they were going to be blue, because they were the nicest blue at 6 weeks old, but when I adopted him at 8 weeks, it had changed to copper. It's a very nice colour, and it looks very mysterious and majestic on my kitten!


Don't know how it changed so fast, but they did.
There was an adorable kitten at my vet's office who had grey-and-copper eyes, like you described. They're rare, but soooooo pretty!
cats can have grey eyes


i love little kittens with grey eyes!


they're adorable!!


exspecially wih the color of your cat
no ive never seen a cat with grey eyes but my dad has them
Its possible that he will have a grey color (would LOVE to see a picture). Some cats have an aqua color (Tonkinese) which is from the blue eyes and gold eyes of the Siamese/Burmese cats. I suspect its a pale aqua color that is grey looking.





Because mom had blue eyes, it could affect the color somewhate. At his age they probably are the color they will remain.





BTW in case you are wondering, mom was white, but she was carrying at least the red gene under that white to produce your Red %26amp; White boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin