Thursday, December 3, 2009

Black Labrador- Eye Color Question?

Hi there





curious if anyone else has heard of such. I will ask my vet when we go in two weeks for her spay but wanted to know before then from other,s experiences if any.





my black labrador 6 month old has a color of dark brown/blue/black- almost a look of the color of a bruise-


on the scleral of each eye (white area around pupil)..





the coloring is on the left side of each eye on the whites/scleral.





any idea if normal? kind of like pigment color. being a black dog i wondered if any relation to the whites of her eyes not being fully ';clean'; white in appearance such as my other labradors have always had.





thank you for any advice :]


Black Labrador- Eye Color Question?
I think you have a very special dog. As long as she can see and is not in pain I would say its like dogs with two different colored eyes.Black Labrador- Eye Color Question?
I have a black lab. It's hard to say without having him here to have a look, but I vaguely remember once noticing that there was a line of a different colour around the brown bit of his eye, where it meets the white. Not sure if my yellow lab has the same.





It's probably reasonably normal. My eyes have a slightly different colour around the edge of my iris (coloured bit) and my eyes are fine!
I'm not sure but I think it's just pigment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin