Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What causes eye color to change later in life?

When I was born, I had blue eyes. My eyes stayed blue until I was 10 years old. Then they changed to a bright yellow/green color and have been like that since. My brother and sister both had late eye changes as well. My sister's eyes changed from blue to army green at 11. My brother's eyes changed from blue to a darker steel/grey-blue at 12.





What causes late changes to occur? Is it a genetic link or do people with green eyes change later?





I'm curious because I just had a daughter. She is 3 months and has bright blue eyes. Both her father and I have green eyes. Using a prediction chart for eye color, she has a 19% chance of having blue eyes and an 81% chance of green (0% brown). The chart took into account both of our parents' and our siblings' eye colors. Do you think there's a high likelihood my daughter's eyes will change later in life to green? If she still has blue eyes at age 1, will she likely keep that color?





Appreciate any information that is relevant!What causes eye color to change later in life?
Eye color is dependent upon the amount and spacing of pigment present in the iris. Light blue has the least amount, then dark blue, then green, then hazel, then brown. Eye color changes because of changes in the amount of pigment.





Edit to add: http://www.eyecarecontacts.com/eyecolor.鈥?/a>What causes eye color to change later in life?
IDK but listen to this did you know that the more you climb mount. everest at the top you can lose your eye sight
its the sun thats wat my docter said
Eye colour has to do with recessive and dominant genes...not sure why you're eyes changed so late

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin