Thursday, December 3, 2009

Question about determining eye color of my children?

I have a question about how to determine the eye color of my children. here is what i know already about my family's eye color.





I have blue eyes. My parents both have greenish hazel eyes. so do my brother and sister. both of my grandmothers have the same greenish hazel color as my parents. both of my grandfathers have very pale blue eyes. my mother's family had four children and one (my aunt) had blue eyes. her eyes weren't as pale like her father's, instead a deeper blue color with a golden ring surrounding her pupil. my aunt had three children and only one (my cousin) had blue eyes, the same exact kind as her. I also happen to have the same exact kind of blue eyes as my aunt and my cousin.





My father's family had five children, two having blue eyes and three greenish hazel. However, their eye color was the same as their father's (my grandfather). So i believe my eye color probably came from my mother's side.





So what i am wondering is, if i have blue eyes, and i have children with someone who has blue eyes, what could all the possible eye colors of my children be? also what would the chances be that if they had blue eyes, they would be the same kind as mine?





Thanks!Question about determining eye color of my children?
According to this, your child will have blue eyes.





It seems to be pretty accurate, since it was right for both my sister and I, and my neice.





http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeC鈥?/a>Question about determining eye color of my children?
If you have kids with someone that has blue eyes, your children can only have blue (or sometimes green) eyes.





As far as chance they're 'yours' it depends on which b gene expresses itself. Statistically speaking, you've got a 50% chance of it to be your gene, as it takes 2 bb genes to give blue eyes.
I think it all determines what your wife's eye color is. It's a 50/50 chance that your child would have blue eyes. My dad has green eyes and my mom has blue eyes. I ended up having blue eyes. Whatever gene is more dominant in the couple will end up being the child's' eye color.
If you have blue eyes and you have children with someone who has blue eyes, the only eye color your children will have is blue. Think back to high school biology -- blue eyes is a recessive trait. Two recessive traits can ONLY produce a recessive trait.
Probily Blue. But more important is making sure you have a good blue eyed spouse to help you along the journeys of your offspring. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin