Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hair and eye color and genetics?

My father is white, with green eyes and my mother is Native American, dark brown eyes. I thought when one parent has light eyes and one has brown, their child would have brown eyes because brown eyes are the dominant gene. But I have blue/green eyes. What about hair? My dad has blonde hair and my mom's is of course black. Mine is red. I look more like my dad I would say, but I have my mom's facial features. I just have really fair skin and light eyes, not at all like my mom. And don't say I'm adopted 'cause I'm positive I'm not. Why do I not have any of my mom's pigmentation?Hair and eye color and genetics?
i don't know, genetics is weird like that. ive seen the eye color thing before with two of my friends families. my one friend is half indian and the dad has blonde hair and blue eyes. the kids have dark hair/ brown eyes, but the youngest has pretty blue/green eyes. im the other way around. my mom has blue eyes, my dad has green eyes, but i have brown eyes, and im the only living person with brown eyes in my entire family(grandfather had really dark brown eyes). people think im adopted all the time too. im still looking for answers on this one. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin