Thursday, December 10, 2009

Will my puppies eye color change?

I just bought a puppy that I named Libby and will be picking her up around july 12th. Libby is a mix between a miniature poodle and toy australian shepherd. Her mom (poodle) has brown eyes and her dad (australian shepherd) has one green eye and one blue eye. Libby has blue eyes right now, but I heard puppies eyes change color. I have never had a dog before, so I don't really know how that works. She is 4 weeks old right now and these pictures were just taken of her. I really hope her eyes will stay blue. Please let me know what you think.


http://s395.photobucket.com/albums/pp34/鈥?/a>Will my puppies eye color change?
I can tell you this: most of the time young puppies have a film over their eyes which fades away as they get older if it's the film that's blue, then they may change. If it's the actual eyes that are blue they probably won't.


Omg. Wow. I just looked at her picture. She is beautiful with those eyes. I hope they stay like that for you :DWill my puppies eye color change?
Yeah,they will likely stay blue.When pups and kittens have those sky-blue eyes,they almost always stay blue.Puppies that will have brown eyes have a darker,milky blue eye color. Plus,your puppy is a merle,and they frequently have blue eyes.
It is possible that her eyes will change color. This is common in Siberian Huskies and Australian Shepherds. The best way to determine what her eye color will be is to look at her parents.
She is an absolutely adorable puppy! Her eyes may stay blue, but since brown eyes are a dominant gene, they are likely to change. You'll just have to wait and see...
Since ewe have a mutt, there is no certain way to tell what they will look like when fully mature.
  • skin tone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    sensitive skin