Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blond hair and eye color??? Anyone familiar with genetics?

I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with genetic? I'm just curious as to how dominant blond hair is in genes. I'm 26 weeks with a girl. When I was born, I had light brown hair. I was light brown when I was a toddler as well. My husband, on the other hand, had almost white blond hair as a baby and as a toddler-all the way up to his teenage years and then it started to darken up. He's still dirty blond though. i would love it if my little girl had blond locks! We both have light eyes as well-mine green, his blue. I know we wont know for sure until she's here, but i'm just curious.


Thanks in advance!Blond hair and eye color??? Anyone familiar with genetics?
It's hard to adequately predict.





Both the genes for blond hair and blue eyes are recessive. So if you have the recessive gene and your husband has it was well you MAY reinforce each other and produce a blond haired, blue eyed baby.





My husband and I were both white blond as kids and my husband has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen. My mother has blue eyes, but my father has brown and my brother and I both came out with green eyes(which is even more rare than blue, although I'd rather have blue!). So I might reinforce my husband's blue eyes to make a blue-eyed baby, but maybe not.





A lot of it is just a crap shoot.Blond hair and eye color??? Anyone familiar with genetics?
Most likely baby will have green or blue eyes. As for hair, its a little more tricky. You never know for sure what genes you have and things like hair color can be co-dominant (meaning both genes baby has show). So.... sorry, can't really help u there. Just be happy to have a new baby girl!!
my husband and i found genetics go askew... often.





we're both brown hair and hazel eyes, and our daughter is blonde with bright blue eyes. punnet squares didn't forsee that outcome... lol.
blonde hair blue eyes if you ahd brown eyes they usally dominate over blue
Well my mom and dad both have dark brown hair and I have had dirty blond hair since I was a baby and my hubby has dark brown hair that started out as light brown.But our 7 month old has red hair.My grandfather and cousin are redheaded so apparently thats where he gets it.Not always from the parents.
Blonde genes are the most recessive of all hair colors...although it seems to happen that parents pass down the tendency to be blonde as a child, even though the hair will darken later in life. You will most likely have a child with lighter hair, either light brown or blonde that turns to a lighter brown or dirty blonde later in life. Although it is still possible that you both carry a recessive 'white blonde' gene and she will have very light hair for her whole life. And she can not have any other color eyes but green or blue. Most likely blue, as it is the most recessive. Most babies have bluish-grey eyes at birth that settle to their natural color between six months and a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin