Thursday, December 3, 2009

Question about hair/eye color? (Genetics)?

I'm not totally clear on this so maybe someone can help..


My husband and I are expecting our first baby in December. Now my husband's father has very red hair/blue eyes. His mom has brown hair/grey eyes. My husband has dirty blond hair and had very white hair when he was infant to toddler %26amp; has his mother's grey eyes..his facial hair grows in with a tint of red. My hair is medium brown, and I have brown eyes. Same goes for my mother %26amp; my father has black hair/blue eyes. What are the chances of my baby coming out with red hair?Question about hair/eye color? (Genetics)?
are you familiar with the term ressessive genes red and blue are both ressessive which means if it was a simple cross it would be 1:4 (assuming you both are carring the ressesive trait which from your phenotype is a possiblity) for each but together you would have to a do a probability matrix and mutiply it out. Chances are that its very slim less than 5%. I didn't do the math but from my experience I would say about 1:20 or 5%Question about hair/eye color? (Genetics)?
my husband has brown eyes, mine are blue. all 4 of our kids ended up with blue eyes, going against the odds of what they should've had. any way you look at it, your child has a chance at any of those features, and will surely be beautiful :-)
10%, unless you carry the red hair gene also.
About 25% chance for red hair and about a 50% chance for blue/grey eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin