Thursday, December 10, 2009

Prejudice Against ';Changing'; Eye Color?

So many people today modify their appearance. Though what I want to ask is about COLOR. People dye their hair, go tanning (or try to get paler), and even paint their nails. Color is definitely something people look at when people consider their own appearance. But have any of you ever heard of ';Freshlook Color Contacts';? They're colored contacts. It seems like this is something many people would be interested in. I'm certainly interested. :) But one of my close friends said it was ';fake';. Isn't dying your hair though? Which she does, frequently. Also, I wonder how people who know me would think of me if I got colored contacts. What if you got a complement on your eyes? And then you said something along the lines of, ';I know aren't they great!? I got them from so-and-so.'; and they were like, ';Oh.';





I'm really interested in color contacts. I think they're such a great idea. I'm just worried that there's a lot of hate against colored contacts because it's ';fake';. After all, it's just something to enhance your appeal, just like dying your hair, or changing your skin tone. I don't see what the big fuss is about. What's your take on this?Prejudice Against ';Changing'; Eye Color?
I don't see anything wrong with people using colored contacts. The sole purpose of them is for a little change in appearance. I know a lot of people who view them as fake but I have no idea why. Prejudice Against ';Changing'; Eye Color?
i dont like colored contacts.


its one thing to dye your hair and get a tan,


but when you mess with your eyes thats different.


its just a higher level of ';fakeness';.


another thing that bothers me is that when ppl get colored contacts they usually get so called pretty colors like blue or hazel.


i think eye color is beautiful and shouldnt be changed.
I hadn't thought of it in relation to dying hair. I do that all the time! It's pretty much the same thing, right?





I think that if you are bored, and want to change your image, that would be a good way to do it- it's not permanent, and you can switch it up whenever you feel like it!
I agree with you...whats the difference between changing eye color and hair color? You weren't born with blonde hair but now you have it? The same with hair straighteners and extensions. If you weren't born with it but you change it or add it on...it's fake. There is no difference. I haven't seen a lot of men wear colored contacts but I do know a few. I definitely wouldn't care and think the people who have a problem with it are hypocrites unless they are ALL natural. I say do what you like and what makes you happy. I have worn fresh looks before and they are awesome! They actually put like three colors together so it's more of a natural look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin