Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How does eye color change??????

When I was a baby I had really light blue eyes and as I started getting older they changed. I had blue eyes until I was 11...then they slowly changed to blue-green...then just green (sometimes looked gray or bluish gray) and now they are pure green with tiny spots of yellow...if I look really close the outside of my eyes are blue and it looks like the green is ';spreading'; from my pupils and starting to cover up most of the blue. There are tiny spots of yellow, sometimes looks brown in certain lights. But the blue is still there when I look very close. The green is starting to get darker and looks like my eyes may change to brown soon. Has this happened to anyone else? And how does it happen??How does eye color change??????
Paler newborns have blue eyes, which change to green, hazel, light brown or dark brown, as they grow older.


It is thought that exposure to light after birth triggers the production of melanin in the iris of the eye. By three years of age, the eyes produce and store enough melanin to indicate their natural shade. While changes in eye color of infants are more common, even in adults, eye color changes are seen, most often as a result of exposure to the sun. Sunlight triggers melanin production in the eye, as it does to the skin.How does eye color change??????
That sounds cool, you may have got that from your parents. Ask them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin