Thursday, June 24, 2010

What is the most common eye color in Italy and for Italian Americans?

Just wondering. I was talking to a Polish American today about different eye colors. I know that most people from Polish decent have blue eyes and possibly blond hair. I also know people of German decent have blue eyes. So anyways, this Polish person (when I refer to Polish or Italian or German American I don't mean that he was from Poland but that some of his ancestors came from Poland, Italy, Germany etc...). So he has blue eyes and he is almost 100% Polish. I am 100% Italian and Sicilian and have blue eyes that change sometimes. They are mostly blue, but really light blue (and I mean REALLY LIGHT) with a little yellow in them when I look at the sun. They have a ring of dark blue around them (my eyes are more of a lighter blue). Anyways, I would like to know what color eyes are common for various countries.


Please name as many countries as you know but be sure to include Italy. Also, provide some educational information to back your statement(s) up. Thanks a lot!!!


M. MouseWhat is the most common eye color in Italy and for Italian Americans?
I'm not sure what the most common eye color in Italy is, but I do know that Southern Europeans (Italians, Greeks, Spanish, Portuguese) have a higher frequency of dark eyes than other European nations. Mediterranean people in general, often have slightly tanner complexions, and darker hair and eyes. This is probably due to ancient intermixing with nearby civilizations in the Middle East and North Africa. Additionally, Northern Europeans, especially Scandinavians, tend to be lighter in complexion, with higher frequency of blond hair and colored (blue, green) eyes.What is the most common eye color in Italy and for Italian Americans?
When I traveled in northern italy, I found that A LOT of people there were light blue eyes, really light, including my boyfriend's father, but my boyfriend's eyes are in mid brown, My eyes are a little darker than his, I am a chinese.
I think that blue and brown eyes are more common. My bf is Italian from Milan and he has light blue eyes. I have dated some Italian Americans who had blue, green and brown eyes.
Red eyed from the grappa.
REd...im guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin