Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have a theory on eye color and parter selection?

In my personal observation I have noticed a pretty strong trend. When it comes to selecting a mate one usually picks somone with eyes that are a different color than there own familys. Example say you have blue eyes and your family has blues eyes, then you will be more likley to marry somone with brown eyes. But say you have blue eyes and most of your family has brown then your more likely to marry a blue eyed person. Does this make sense? Your own eye color doesnt matter, its the eye color of your family that determines your selection of a mate.


I have brown eyes, but all my family has blue or green. I am more attracted to brown eyed men because its more exotic to me, I didnt grow up around it.I have a theory on eye color and parter selection?
here's my theory:


guys don't notice eye color (or really anything for that matter).


i didn't realize my gf had brown eyes until she asked me if a dress brought out her eye color. I have brown eyes too, so here's one couple that doesn't fit your theory.I have a theory on eye color and parter selection?
blue eyed males rather choose blue eyed females. because if both parents are blue eyed, the children also will have blue eyes, and blue eyes only. its a fact. so if both parents are blue eyed and the women gives birth to a non-blue-eyed child, the father knows at once its not his child. thats why, and also statistics tell the same story, blue eyed men have and ever will rather take blue eyed females to become the mother of their children. nature knows best. but it only works with blue eyes. two brown-eyed parents for example will not have brown-eyed children only.
the grass is greener; I'll buy that.
that last answerer made a good point, we probably do choose different traits in a partner, but another theory is that people look for genetic matches in there partner (there partners specific gene of some area will make up for your weak gene of the same area) and its done mostly by pheromones, but perhaps people unconsciously pay attention to other genetic traits like eye colour and height and stuff too!





good question!
well, my family has blue green and brown eyes so what mate do i prefer?
I have been attracted to guys with green, brown and blue eyes. For me it's brains, personality and character that determine whether I'm attracted to someone (there are so many different types of people!) Just an interesting fact, I'm the only child (one of many siblings) that has a different eye color than the rest, makes no difference in my preferences though.
The theory doesn't hold up with me.


I have brown hair and eyes and have always been initially attracted to the ladies with brown hair and eyes.


Even so, it would never be relevant to my selection of a partner. If the ';right person'; ends up blond and blue-eyed,so be it. Eye color is not going to be a major deciding point.





May have more to do with how a person perceives them self. If conceited, they may want the same; if neutral, it doesn't matter; if they don't like their own looks, they may want the opposite.
I don't want to be the 1st to tell you, but if you have brown eyes , one of your parents had to have brown eyes. It's genetically impossible for two color eyed people to have anything but color eyed children!
I was intrigued by the question you asked, so I decided to go and examine the eyes of my wife, myself, and my siblings and parents. Guess what I found? My wife, myself, my mother, and all of my siblings have exactly the same color eyes - blue eyes that are paler towards the center with golden flecks in the iris. However, I am aware that I am atypical in many ways, and the basic psychology behind your theory seems legitimate - people in general tend to be attracted more by the ';new'; than with what they are well familiar with.
o.k...YOUR right.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sensitive skin